What information do we collect?
In order to improve and personalize your experience of the website we do collect some information from our users. We may request or collect the following information from our users at any time:
Personally Identifiable Information (Personal Information) – The only personally identifiable information we may ever request from users of ViralWalrus.com will be an e-mail address. This is in order to further enhance your experience on the website by sending out newsletters. You do not have to provide this information to us at any time, although this does mean we will be unable to provide you with the newsletter service.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information – When you interact with the website and use our services, we may collect non-personally identifiable information from you automatically. This information is not able to identify you or any personal information about you. Data may include browser type, screen resolution, etc. This information is purely used for analytical and aggregation purposes, to help us further improve the website and the services we provide.
How is collected information used?
The first and most important point to stress is that ViralWalrus.com will never sell or rent the information collected to any third parties. Below is a detailed explanation of how any collected information may be used (both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable).
Personally Identifiable Information (Personal Information) – The only time we will ever use this information is to provide the newsletter service to you. This personal information will never be sold, shared or rented to any third parties. We believe our newsletter service provides an enhanced experience of the website, however it is not compulsory to provide this information to ViralWalrus.com.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information – This information is not able to identify you or any personal details about you and is used solely for analytical and aggregation purposes. We use this information to learn about different behavior and patterns of our users, including what type of content they like and dislike. We may sometimes share this information with third parties and advertising partners in order to tailor the type of advertisements you see on the website. This further enhances your experience of the website, by showing you the type of content that you enjoy. This non-personally identifiable information is completely stripped back of anything which may personally identify you in any way.
Protection – We reserve the right to disclose any information we feel necessary for the protection of us and our users. We may access, read, keep and disclose anything reasonably necessary in order to:
- Satisfy any applicable laws, governmental request, regulations or legal processes
- Detect, prevent or address any security, technical issues or fraud
- Respond to queries from users or respond to support requests
- Protect all of our rights, our users, the public, our property and our safety.
This may include exchanging information with third party companies in order to address any safety or technical issues or to prevent spyware and malware.
What are your privacy choices?
Using this website safely and securely is of paramount importance. Therefore it is important that you understand your privacy choices and what how you can decide what happens to your information. Below are the choices you have in regards to your privacy:
- You can choose at any time not to give us any personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address. It is not mandatory to provide this information but we are unable to provide a newsletter service to those who do not provide an email address.
- You can choose to have your personally identifiable information removed from our database at any time. Please note that you will no longer be able to access our newsletter if you choose to have this information removed. You can ask for this information to be removed by sending us an email using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
- You can choose to manage cookies and stop any of your non-personally identifiable information from being collected by us and the website. More information on cookies can be found below.
- You can choose not to access any third party applications or websites from ViralWalrus.com.
Information on cookies
- To remember any of your preferences when you are browsing the website.
- To customize the content and advertisements that we may provide throughout the website.
- To research and measure how effective our service is.
Cookies do not provide us with any personally identifiable information and can be declined at any time. If you wish to turn off cookies then please refer to your browser’s instructions. Please note that disabling cookies may impact the experience you have on our website.
There may be times in which we allow third party vendors to access the cookies provided by you, the user. This is in order to personalize your experience on the website. Third party vendors, such as Google, may use this information gathered in order to tailor your experience on other websites and on this website; this includes displaying relevant content and advertisements. Google uses the DoubleClick cookie, which will allow it to present users with advertisements based on the visits to our site and/or other websites that you may have visited elsewhere online. Advertisements provided are based on your interests and preferences, your likes, dislikes and other information picked up from the cookies. The same also applies to partners of Google. As a user of the website you are able to opt out of DoubleClick cookies, and any relevant advertising, at any time by visiting one of the following:
Questions or concerns?